Pics & Clips
"Model M V2"
(Hit Pic above for more Pics...)
ABOUT THIS INSTRUMENT
Up for grab is my most recent
It here comes with stunning (and stable) quilted mahogany laminate back and sides,
both matched to a clean looking spruce top,
The neck is made out of stable and well-seasoned mahogany and as you may note, the ebony fingerboard
is "solid black" and completely free of any brownish streaks: a rarity those days...
All other parts (tailpiece, pickup ring, pickguard, faceplate and even the knobs were all custom cut out of solid cocobolo:
a perfect match for the Lollar Imperial humbucker and the solid brass Jim Compton bridge.
Nothing wrong with matching great looks with great tone....
- Handmade by J.P.Laplante, Luthier, Kingston, On, Canada
- Single cutaway, 16 in. lower bout,12 1/2 in. upper bout
- 2 1/2 in. body depth
- Quilted mahogany laminate back and sides
- Spruce laminate top
- ABS White bindings
- Ebony fingerboard, 25 in. scale
- 2-piece mahogany neck, 1 3/4 in. nut width
- String width at bridge: 2. 1/8"
- SM double action truss rod
- Jason Lollar Low imperial humbucker
- Jim Compton solid brass bridge, rosewood base
- 250K CTS pots, 0.022 Musicap cap, cocobolo knobs
- Gotoh 510 tuners, Gold plated with ebony knobs
- Solid cocobolo fingerrest
-Custom cocobolo tailpiece
- Finished in high gloss nitrocellulose lacquer